The greatest and most rewarding gift we receive as parents, is the unconditional love our children give us. Every day, I feel blessed to get this special love from my kids. There are times, though, that their love seems to overflow. Tonight, as I laid with Jace in bed, he told me, "I love you to the moon and stars and sun." I answered, "I love you that much too, baby." And he added, "And I love you to my heart." That honest moment bought tears to my eyes. They love with such passion and without question. Even those times that I yell, get frustrated and spank them, they still love with all their heart. I love when Brenlie gives me her open mouthed baby kisses. She now grabs my face and goes in hard! :) She will kiss me over and over. And, when I get a kiss from Bella, it means a lot. She doesn't give out kisses much. But, today, she was kissing my cheeks and my hair. Not sure what that was about, but I loved it.
It reminds me how much God loves us. He loves us unconditionally. Now, as a parent, I understand that more fully. I can't imagine giving my child up to die. I would fight with every thing I could to protect my children. That is the ultimate love: to give your child up to save others. I don't think I could do it. I'm glad I don't have to make that choice.
I'm so blessed to have these 3 wonderful children. When Bella kisses my cheeks or when Bren gives me her crinkled-nose smile, or Jace tells me how much he loves me, I feel like the luckiest person on Earth. My cup really does runneth over. Sometimes my heart swells so much with love, it hurts. I never understood that kind of love until I had my kids. And, when my heart swells like that, and the tears flow, I know that my love is spilling out for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment