Sunday, May 13, 2012

Special time with the kids

Having 3 kids is such a blessing. Each one is so unique and has their own qualities and quirks. But, sometimes it's hard to get one on one time with them. I treasure that time, and I know they do too. So, Alex and I are trying to have special times with them. I went to a Mom/Daughter tea party with Bella last weekend. It was fun to get all dressed up in our dresses and hats. I even put a little gloss on Bella. She loved getting her nails done and wearing a pretty hat. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to Mother/Son date night at Chick-Fil-A with Jace. Just the two of us will have dinner together. I know they are still so little, but I already feel how fast the time is going. Last week, we took Jace to Kindergarten round-up. I can't believe my little man will be in school. He really enjoyed visiting the classrooms and is very excited to go. I'm glad he's excited about school. I hope it stays that way, and he has a positive experience. He's a smart kid; I don't worry about that. I worry someone will be mean to him or he will get embarrassed when asked a question. I know he can't stay my baby forever, but I want him to for as long as possible.

And, Bella is now completely potty trained, putting on her clothes herself and even trying to buckle up herself in the car. She talks so well, has a great sense of humor and adores her siblings. She and I are becoming great friends. We had a rough patch there (totally my fault), but I realized how hard I was being on her. It hurts my heart to think that I was pushing her away, in a sense. I realized I was treating Jace better than her, and it still hurts me to think that I ever did that. It began, I believe, not long after she was born. And, around 2, I could feel that she didn't really want me, always Alex. I took a hard look at myself, prayed and immediately started working to change our relationship. Now I give her lots of attention and praise. I tell her more how much I love her. I lay in bed with her and cuddle. I want to have a close mother/daughter relationship. I want both my girls to feel secure and loved.

Brenlie Grace...ahh, what a sweet baby. She is 14 months now and a pure joy. I stopped nursing her last week, and it's been hard on me. I really want to nurse her, but I just feel it's time to stop. My supply is low and she takes a sippy cup just fine. She is almost running now and plays all day with Jace and Bella. She will play at the train table with them, run around while they chase her and laugh all the time. She is super easy and my little cherry on the top of a perfect family.

My little princess at the tea party

Some of my friends and their girls

No comments: