Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good out of bad

Monday, Bella started running a fever and saying her tummy hurt. So, I took her to the doc that afternoon. She tested positive for strep. We've had more strep than I care to think of in this house. Also, in the past few weeks, she has totally regressed on her potty training. She has accidents daily now and I can't figure out why. I mentioned this to the doctor, who was not my regular one, and pointed out some bumps on Bella's bottom. The doctor said it was probably just a diaper rash because she is having so many accidents. So, I slathered on the buttpaste and it did nothing. Today, I noticed two bumps by her mouth. I asked her to show me her hands and feet. Yep, she has hand, foot, mouth. Ugh. This nasty virus is spreading around Waco like wildfire. It's crazy. Both Shelley and her girls had it last month. I think maybe Bren has it also. Bella was acting fine until this evening when she said her legs and arms hurt. So, I gave her ibuprofen and Benadryl for the itching. I feel so bad for her. There is nothing they can do for it since it's virus. It just has to run its course. I hope this is the worst of it and it doesn't last too long.
So, as I'm getting all this wonderful news, my first thought is: "Omg, I'm going to be stuck in this house and go crazy." This is always my initial thought when someone is sick. I hate being in the house for too long. I feel like the walls are closing in on me. Then, my attitude shifted. I could either make this more miserable by being bummed and grumpy, or I could use this as an opportunity to get some stuff done in the house. Since I have to stay home, I might as well make good use of it. So, I'm going to get some organizing done, things cleaned and crafts finished. Well, that's my plan anyway. I do have 3 little children that love to interrupt my plans. But, Jace is already on board to organize the play room. He's actually excited about it.
Have to go now, as I am going to get some of those Pinterest crafts done!

No comments: