We celebrated Bren's birthday on March 3 at the house with family and friends. We had a rainbow theme party, although Bren could care less! :) It was a nice party. We have great friends and family. Brenlie didn't really know what to think about the cake. She was not into it at first, but slowly took some bites. She is such a sweet girl. She is taking some steps, which is awesome and way earlier than the other 2! She began taking steps at 11 months. Now, she is taking several in a row. I think she will be walking fully by the end of the month! She is a pretty content baby. She adores her brother and sister. She doesn't talk a lot yet. She makes this funny grunting noise a lot. She waves bye-bye and loves to hand things to people and hear "thank you." She kind of says it back. She says mama and dada but not too much else. Sometimes bye bye. She is teething quite bad right now, so she's having some problems sleeping. She loves to nurse and be held. She lights up when Daddy comes home. I would say she is a Daddy's girl, but she really loves Mama too! She loves to get on the floor and play with Jace and Bella. She is already throwing some tantrums, which are pretty funny. She sprawls out on the floor and throws her paci down. It's cute now but I know it will become annoying LOL! She is the perfect final addition to the Roman family!
I can finally say that I'm content with having kids. I always wanted 3, and I couldn't ask for better children. Sometimes when I see a newborn, I get that twinge in my belly. But, I'm ready for the next phase for our family. The one where we can go out without a diaper bag, stroller, diapers, changes of clothes, pacis, sippy cups, tons of snacks, baby carrier, and the million other things you need when you have young kids. I can't even say that I will miss it. I will miss my babies snuggling on me, making funny comments, watching them learn a new life experience, and just generally being little. I will NOT miss changing diapers, wiping snotty noses and stinky butts, cleaning up pee from the floor, dumping poop from the training potty to the big potty after it has been sitting there for 3 hours, pushing a double stroller through the zoo with 3 children on it, having 3 car seats in my van, watching cartoons all day, battling with them to eat something other than pb&j, and the million other things that come with having 3 young kids. I am ready to have my body back, even though I know I will miss nursing to a point. I'm ready to say that we are leaving in 5 minutes and we can do it, rather than 20 minutes later after I've stockpiled the car with children and all that they "need." I look forward to reading a book when I want, selling on ebay when I want, going shopping by myself, getting my hair done without a baby in my lap, writing again on a regular basis.
Yet, as I write these things, I must admit I'm a little sad. The things that make me crazy now will probably be sweet memories later. And, so I guess, that is how life goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment