So, I'm starting the 7 challenge tomorrow. I am inspired by the book 7, by Jen Hatmaker. She describes it as an experimental mutiny against excess. She chooses 7 things in which she believes are excess in her life; clothes, spending, waste, food, possessions, media, and stress. Then, each month, she tackles one of those things to reduce. The first month is food. Oh, this is a biggie for me. I love to eat. I love to go out to eat. I love to watch tv and eat. I love food and the entire experience of eating. Jen, in her book, chooses only 7 foods that she can eat for the month. This isn't practical for me. I mean, it could be, but it's too much for me to tackle. Agh, I'm weak. Anyway, here is my list for this month. By the way, my friends Kristin and Ashley started this on 9/1/14. I'm a little late, so I'm going to do my month from 9/18-10/18.
1. No drinks other than water.
2. No sweets.
3. No bread.
4. No fast food.
5. Make breakfast for the kids at least 3x a week.
6. Volunteer at Shepherd's Heart at least twice.
7. Donate 7 items a week to Caritas, a food pantry.
Y'all, this is a tough list for me. I love my sweet tea, and coke, and m&ms. But, I wanted my list to mean something. I wanted to have to really think about better food choices. I'm notorious for starting things and not following through. Got a new weight loss challenge going on? Happy to join! Need a workout partner for insanity class? Sounds great! I always have the best of intentions. I want this to stick. I've had God urging me for the past 15 years to help the homeless. I don't know in what capacity, but I feel this could be a start.
1 comment:
Let's go to Shepherd's heart together.
Post a Comment