Sunday, March 23, 2014

And another year has gone by...

I've been going to counseling weekly for a few months now. My counselor's name is Becky Fox. I like her. One of the things that we talked about is me getting back to writing on a regular basis. I enjoy it so much but so often let it go. So, I'll try yet again to get back on track. It is 8:50 pm and all 3 kids are still awake. They all went to bed at 7:30. I'm about to go nuts. I long for the day that they just go to their rooms and stay in their beds. I don't even care if they are asleep. I just want them to stay in their rooms and be quiet. Bella is the absolute worst. She comes out every 5 minutes, needing something, or bringing me something, or asking me something. I know one day it will be funny, but right now it's annoying as hell. Brenlie is still having to start the night in our bed because of Bella. I also look forward to the day I can relax at night in my own bed. We can't even go to our room until she is asleep, which sometimes takes hours.
In other news, Jace is in 1st grade and doing pretty darn good. He has made honor roll every single six weeks. He is very bright. The only problem he is having is focusing. The same thing his Kinder teacher said. I really like his teacher this year, Mrs. Echols. She is very sweet and understanding with the kids. She said that she doesn't think he needs to be tested for ADD this year. She said wait to see what 2nd grade is like. So, we will wait and see. Bella is in Pre-K. She is doing pretty good. The first half of the year, she had no interest in school work. But since she turned 5, she is a lot more interested. She is starting to recognize more letters, can count to almost 30, and can write her name really well. Mrs. Kristiana says she is ready for Kindergarten. I sure hope so. I can't believe she will be in K in the fall! Bren, well she is a little shit lol. She is a handful. She was potty training well, but has either regressed completely or was never really ready. So we put her back in diapers for a little bit. That was the advice I got from friends who went through this before. I really hope it works. She never did get the pooping in the potty down, so she may not have been ready. I was getting sooooo frustrated with the accidents. And, I know she could feel my frustration. So, we both just need a break. She is one funny little girl though. She makes funny faces and has a great sense of humor.
As I write this, I am getting so mad at Bella. She keeps getting out of the bed. My anger is to a boiling point. So much that Alex told me to let him handle her. I've already spanked her twice and she couldn't care less. I really don't know how to deal with her sometimes. And Bren keeps getting up too. It's nights like these that I feel like I can't take much more. Now me and Alex are arguing because he wants to give in and go to bed with Bren. It's because we aren't consistent that we have this problem. He thinks they can get off routine and it's not a big deal. It's a huge deal. Kids need consistency and routine.

1 comment:

Jenn L. said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with the kiddos.
I can't offer much advice since a)I only have one kid, and b)he's always been a great sleeper. I do know that consistency is the key to just about everything, and sometimes kids do things just to piss us off. LOL I do know that after we transitioned Ryan to a toddler bed around age 2, we went through a spell where he didn't want to stay in bed. I remember watching a LOT of 'the nanny' episodes and following her steps and it worked for us. That and threats- threats of taking away his stuffed dog or little lovey usually did the trick.

I do know that writing has always helped me- it's just finding the time to do it and not to do it when I'm frazzled, because that leads to negative things coming out of my mouth that you swear Satan himself would say. haha! I gave up on my blog, but I've thought about starting it up again. Giving up on facebook for good back in December has really eased my stress and taken away that distraction.

So, hang in there. Be grateful you have family close by to help out with things. That's one luxury I wish I had. Not too much longer and all 3 will be in school full time...

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call/e-mail me!