Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fun, and no TV!

I've been really trying to get the kids to watch less TV. They don't sit and watch all day, but sometimes they watch too much. I've been pinning some kid activities to try out. Yesterday we had a "messy" day. I made some sidewalk chalk paint and they painted in the garage.

Then, I made some edible finger paint out of pudding and food coloring. They mostly ate it :) but had fun doing it.


Finally, since they were all messy, it was time to take a bath. I gave them some shaving cream and let them go to town! They had fun and we didn't watch TV for hours!




In other news, we had a birthday party for Bren this past weekend. My baby is 2! She has really started "growing up" fast this past month. She is saying lots more words and expressing herself more clearly. She also has the terrible 2's. She has temper tantrums and throws her paci and cup down. We are trying to wean her off the paci. She is only getting it at night and naptime. But, most of the time, she is a happy girl. She is very independent and knows what she wants. She is a great cuddler and loves her daddy very much. She really loves men right now. She loves Papa, Daddy and at her party, she loved her uncle DJ.



Jace and Bella are doing great too. Jace is still enjoying Kinder for the most part. I can tell he's ready for Spring Break, which is next week. He is still progressing. He is reading quite well and learning addition and subtraction right now. It amazes me how much they learn this first year! Bella is in Ms. Erika's class and not at all interested in learning much of anything right now LOL! Hopefully in the fall when she's in pre-k she will be more interested in school stuff. She's a sweet girl, with an attitude, but a good heart. Bren goes to MDO 3 days a week as well. She is in Ms. Jerri's class and does really well. They are all growing up way too quick! But, I'm enjoying this next phase in our household. Bedtime is a lot easier; we are getting more sleep. Only one left in diapers, and hopefully only for another year or so. I love my wonderful family!














No comments: