Sunday, February 10, 2013

Getting ready for church

We became members of Central Christian a few months ago and it's been the best decision we've made! I love our church and the people in it. I am excited to go to church on Sunday morning; I haven't had that kind of feeling in years. I think what drew me in, is that it reminds me of our church growing up. It's not too big, not too small. The people are super nice. I really love having a church home. I've already joined a small group of girls from the church called "Cal Gals." It's a group of women in their 20s, 30s and 40s and we get together at someone's house once a month for dinner and socializing. This past Monday a woman named Emily spoke. She formed an organization called "Jesus Said Love." It's an awesome organization. They minister to strippers. I know, what a concept! This industry is often overlooked and in real need of people to talk to them about the love of Christ. The website www.jesussaidlove.com explains it all. I signed up to volunteer. I can't wait to get involved. I know that God has been laying on my heart to volunteer and I couldn't figure out where. When I heard Emily speak, I knew this is where He wanted me! The organization goes into strip clubs and gives the girls goodie bags filled with lotions, makeup, etc. But they also give them a shirt that says "Jesus loves strippers." I bought one and wore it the other day.
Talk about getting some strange looks and questions. But what I loved about it is that it started the conversation. It gets people giggling, then you can tell them to go to the website and check it out. What a smart way to get people talking about this much needed ministry!

No comments: