Happy 2013! I can't believe it's a new year! We just celebrated Bella turning 4! She had a party this weekend at Texas Dynasty, a gymnastics place. Ava and her friend Harper had a party there, so naturally she wanted to have hers there also. She had a great time. She has turned into such a sweet and affectionate little girl lately. She takes being 4 very serious. She comments all the time how she is a big girl now because she's 4. I've been very conscious to show her lots of affection and attention lately. I noticed that she was getting quite jealous of Bren getting all the attention. It has helped so much. It just proves how important it is to take time for each kid. She tells me she loves me a lot now; before it was hard to get her to say it. She hugs on me a lot more and has a lot less of an attitude. She is a great little girl.
Jace has been in Kinder now for almost 6 months. He really loves school. He is doing great. He just got his 3rd six weeks report card and is improving in everything. The one comment his teacher made is that he is talking more and working less. I would've never guessed that before he started school. He's had a few sad faces from talking during station time. We've talked to him about the importance of listening and only talking when it's time to. But, I'm so glad talking is the problem. I was so fearful that he would be so shy and not have friends. In our first parent/teacher conference, his teacher Mrs. Collins, told us he is very popular. He is kind and is really a good student. That makes us so happy. He is still a great kid, but he whines a lot right now. It's very annoying. He picks on his sisters, but otherwise, he's really a great kid.
Bren is 22 months and a little stinker. She is really in the terrible 2's. But, it's different with her because she doesn't talk. She just screams, points and throws tantrums. She still says very few words, but I know she is a smart girl. One day she is just going to bust out with full sentences. She is very confident and funny. Her and Bella go to MDO Wednesday through Friday because I'm working 3 days a week now. I enjoy it. It's nice to have adult conversations. Bren had a hard time the first couple of weeks at MDO, but she's great now. I think she enjoys making new little friends and having a structured day.
I didn't really make any resolutions this year. There are things I want to work on, like getting organized, eating better and managing my time better. I also want to try to do things I have pinned on Pinterest. I'm going to try to do one thing a day. I also want to keep up with this blog better. I love going back and reading things. I forget them so quickly, so it's nice to have a record of daily stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment