Today when Jace was watching TV I noticed something odd. He kept rolling his eyes to the left and then back to the TV. He did it every few seconds. I asked him if his eyes hurt and he said no. I asked him why he was rolling his eyes and he got embarrassed. I could tell it was involuntary. I googled it and found some interesting things. So, I looked at a list of tics, and noticed that Jace has quite a few. Here's what I've noticed:
- eye rolling
- throat clearing
- chewing on his shirt
- biting on his arms
- squinting.
While it's probably nothing, I think I may bring it up to the doctor. I know kids have funny little things they do. I talked to Mom and she agreed that it's enough to bring up to the doctor. While reading online, I found another thing called PANDAS. It's explained
here . Jace had strep about a month ago. We didn't even know he had it. I noticed blood in his urine, which was very scary. We got a urine test and they found large amounts of blood in his urine. They tested him for strep, and it was positive. He had no other symptoms. This is called
post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis and it's rare. When we went back after 10 days for a follow-up, his urine was normal and he was fine.
Another thing of note, is Jace's anger. He gets quite angry at times. So much that I've mentioned it to our therapist because I'm worried he's picking up on our fights and stress. I've always considered Jace a worrier. He stresses about things and becomes somewhat obsessed. If he gets any time of injury, like a scratch, he freaks out and obsesses about it. I talked about it in
this post. Now, I'm wondering if that is linked to all of this other stuff.
I know I could go crazy trying to piece what could possibly be nothing together. But, being a mommy, I'm going to try to get some answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment