Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's coming to an end...

It's night 3, and Jace and Bella will be coming home tomorrow. I must admit, tonight is harder. I'm having anxiety and my stomach is upset. I really miss them. It's hard to explain, but I feel confused. Like, something is missing. Obviously, it's my children that are missing. The laughing, the fighting, the tugs at my legs, the little voices saying, "I love you Mommy," and all the tears and boo-boos. I really don't know how people go on after losing their child. Just the thought makes me sob. And, as cliche as it is to say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

On to happier subjects. Brenlie is very close to walking, or at least I hope. Jace didn't walk until 14 months, and Bella until 18 months. This kid is walking by her first birthday if I have to tie a belt around her waist and pull her. It's very cute to see how much she wants to walk. She stands up all the time. She will start rocking and look at me, then smile and fall to her knees and start crawling. There's been a few times that I just knew she was going to take that monumental first step. Her 1st birthday is just 2 weeks away. That is crazy. I feel like I was just pregnant. I can remember me and my good friend Shelley, who was pregnant at the same time, saying, "If we can just make it through August." We were both so miserable. The girls in the playgroup brought me dinners for a little while because I was depressed, as I was with my other 2 pregnancies. Then I had terrible morning sickness and heartburn. Backaches, headaches, sciatic pain, you name it. Ugh. But, of course, when I saw those fat cheeks at noon on March 1, 201l, it was all worth it. She is the cutest thing.

Here she is tonight enjoying her Beef-a-roni! And, the cheeks are cute as ever!

No comments: