Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ahh, I love Austin...but not the traffic



We met up with Sannu and the kids today in Austin at Zilker Park. Noah has basketball camp all week so we met up while she killed time waiting for camp to end. The kids had a blast! In the 4 years I lived in Austin, I never went to Zilker park. At that time, I didn't have kids and didn't go to parks. Now, I swear I know every park in Waco, which one has the most shade, which are in bad areas, etc. LOL! We rode the train at Zilker twice, played on the playground and splashed around in Barton Creek. I got some much needed sun on my face and the kids got worn out.
I haven't been in Austin in quite a while. I love that city. The people are so laid back, there's so much to do and it's really pretty clean. But, the traffic. Ugh. Don't miss that at all. It's funny how different of a driver I am now with 3 kiddos than when I lived there as a single person. I used to be so aggressive like all the other crazy Austinites. Today, my little minivan was in the right lane, going the speed limit, and letting everyone fight it out in the other lanes. It made me nervous. As much as I love the city, I do love the slower pace of Waco.

3 comments:

Jenn Larsen said...

Zilker Park is a great place, with or without kiddos! The Xmas lights display/drive through there is awesome too, so if you have a chance during the holidays you need to go see that.
Lake Austin is great in the evenings- you can see the bats at sunset come out and scare everyone. LOL
You all look great and little Bella is getting so big!

Jenn Larsen said...

oops, I meant Brenlie! lol well, I guess they are all getting big, right? ;)

Amy said...

Thanks for the heads up about the Christmas lights. Every year we go to Belton, but I'm tired of that. I think we'll try Zilker next year.